Awkward Phrasing

When random thoughts need to be written down in a manner that makes you have to read it more than once to understand what exactly is being said. Also known as poor writing.

2/09/2006

Less Dramatic, More Cinematic.

I’ve calmed down a lot in my old age. 24 hours later and I feel fine. The trivial bitching of yesterday has fallen away and the anger has subsided. What the hell was I complaining about in the first place? There are literally millions of people in worse situations than I. My cadre of friends and personal confidants definitely kicked my ass into the right frame of mind. I’m going to enjoy the experience (and paycheck) while I can. If the gig lasts more than four months, so be it. In the event that it doesn’t, I am confident it will lead to something else and something better. Plus, the job is insanely easy. It’s like being Lil Jon at a “What?” saying contest. Piece. Of. Cake.



If you’re not watching ABC’s "Boston Legal," then you are missing great television. I am not a TV critic, but I am a none-too-subtle fan of the medium and my professional aspirations have more than a little to do with it as well. All that being said, if you’re looking for great comedy intermixed with some drama, current events, and a very easy hour of entertainment to get into, check it out. Tuesdays at 10PM on ABC.

Oh, and James Spader + William Shatner = Crazy Delicious.



And because I haven’t seen much on the topic, I’m going to put it out there: The Simpsons vs. Family Guy behind-the-scenes war needs to get more press. These guys do not like each other. It’s like Marino v. Elway. They’re both great at what they do, but they don’t like other people stepping onto their turf. I’d say in terms of quality, Family Guy has lapped The Simpsons thrice over in the past few years. Economically, The Simpsons is the most profitable television license in the history of show licensing. It has made FOX billions of dollars. Not even "Star Trek" can claim that. Family Guy, though… man, it’s only a matter of time before I can get a Peter Griffin refrigerator, a Stewie-shaped cookie jar, or buy a girlfriend a vibrator that looks like the Evil Monkey in Chris’s closet. Go product tie-ins!



Arrested Development ends its amazing three-year run THIS FRIDAY!!! That’s right: THIS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10th! From 8-10PM, the Fox Network will burn off its four remaining episodes of AD opposite the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics. Believe me when I tell you that in the Opening Ceremony, the participating countries will be introduced and the torch will be lit to signal the start of the games. Meanwhile, none of us have any fucking clue what’s going to happen to the Bluth’s in the final four episodes of the series. I would not remain optimistic of its return next season (either to Showtime or ABC) simply because a lot of the staff has moved on and it’s going to be too expensive of a show to make. Also, Mitch Hurwitz might want to stick to network TV where he can so very easily make millions and millions of dollars with a hit show.

By the way, Jason Bateman was the guest star of a third season episode of Knight Rider entitled “Lost Knight.” He plays a young boy who finds K.I.T.T. wondering up in the hills when an electrical surge wipes his memory. Together, Young Jason Bateman and K.I.T.T. put a crimp in the plans of some criminals hoping to blow up a damn, reuniting with Michael just in time to capture the goons. Bateman’s acting choices, his rhythm and cadence have not changed at all. His voice was a little higher and a little scratchier, but he still delivered his lines with the same head tilt, the same pauses and types of inflection. Hilarious to watch and a neat little time capsule. Of course, Jason Bateman is probably as big a fan of Knight Rider as I, so he is no doubt proud of the work he did at the age of 12 or 14. If they do happen to keep AD around, they should reference this Knight Rider appearance somehow. Wow. I just sounded like a serious internet guy with that statement. So, to clarify... Naw, I'm just kidding. You did good work, J-Bate, but I am a big dork. You don't like the show.

But before Friday’s Arrested Development finale, everybody reading this (all nine of you – I’m being optimistic, too) must watch The Office on NBC (Thursday, 9:30pm). The show gets better with each episode, and if you don’t like Steve Carrell then you don’t like comedy.

Until next blog…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home